Start at the beginning!

Before the Walking Dead there was ... The Pre-Pocalypse!

Chapter 0- In the beginning...

I'm not a hero.  I'm just one of those simple guys who does the best he can at his job and tries to live a good life.  I'm not into extravagant cars or fancy dinners.  I'd just as soon relax at home and enjoy a good book as go out with friends.  Freinds.  That's an interesting concept.  Being such a quiet person I didn't  have many, and with all that's happened there's almost no one left to be friends with anymore anyway.  Friends are now a luxury we cannot afford.  But I remember better times, times when we could enjoy life a little.  I wasn't particularly close to anyone, at least not at first.  These events tend to bring people together, you know?  I had work acquaintances, the people I sit near and interact with on a regular basis, but back before it all started there was no one I'd consider a close "friend."  You know, someone I would spend time after work with.  It was lonely, but I kept busy.  I read, went for drives, exercise, stuff like that.  All in all, I lived a pretty ordinary life.

I heard someone say once that those with the most ordinary lives are given an opportunity to be extraordinary.  I can't say that happened to me, and if it did, I might have missed it, but I did meet someone that helped me become a better person.  I met her right before the world changed completely, and she changed me completely too.

This is my story, its a story of survival and struggle.  Its about loss, some of it very personal loss, but mostly how I did my very best to do what was right.  Its hard to live in a society without morals, and when that society begins to crumble, it takes someone special to be willing to stick to those morals.  Looking back I think I did the best  I could to hold on as long as possible, but I had help.  She helped me.

Well, this is my story.  Its not a cheerful one.  Like anyone's life I have moments where I laugh, others where I cry.  In the end, I...  Well, you'll just need to read.  I hope what I've recorded here will help you survive what's become of the world we all once loved.  I can hardly remember it now, its changed so much, but reading back helps me remember that it wasn't all death and decay.  This chronicles the events leading up to what happened.  You all know how it ends, but many of you don't know how it began.  I do.  I was there.  Welcome to the beginning of the end.  Welcome to... the PrePocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment